WELCOME!

I'm Walt. And I'm Marie Elena.
This is the collaboration of two kindred spirits; partners in rhyme;
"the best friends we've never met."
All "Across the Lake. Eerily."

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

'SNO HOSTAGE

Aunt Peg picked me up early from school, along with my cousins.
            A blizzard, promising to hold us hostage there otherwise.
                          My street, rendered impassable, held me hostage still –
                                      with my cousin and best friend, Susie.
                                                           Snowmen, sleds, hot cocoa, and warm fires
                                                                                                reigned for several days,
                                                                                                                      as the snow fell,
                                                                                                                                and my heart soared.
Marie Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment