WELCOME!

I'm Walt. And I'm Marie Elena.
This is the collaboration of two kindred spirits; partners in rhyme;
"the best friends we've never met."
All "Across the Lake. Eerily."

Friday, March 26, 2010

FAUX BRICK AND JESUS

Kitchen.
A perfect word for a room
decorated in fifties ”kitch”.
Plastic wall tile and faux brick,
painted to suit the room.
Hand tinted mortar lines in contrast,
bearing years of crusted enamel
and jaundiced by cooking grease.
Supervising every meal and respite,
a decoupage tree trunk bearing
a rendering of Jesus at prayer in
Gethsemane. Amen and pass the creamed corn.
Thankfully, the Felix the Cat wall clock,
met an early demise. Long overdue. 




Walt

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this one says so much. Our plastic tile imitated marble just before copper took precidence. Are you sure you didn't grow up that the road from me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Clauds, Walt and I joke about being long-lost childhood friends/cousins/SOMETHING! Were you there, too? How fun is that!

    I'm with Clauds ... this piece says so much. I think everyone should have had the chance to grow up in "our" era.

    ReplyDelete