WELCOME!

I'm Walt. And I'm Marie Elena.
This is the collaboration of two kindred spirits; partners in rhyme;
"the best friends we've never met."
All "Across the Lake. Eerily."

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

SILLY COLD

I caught a Silly cold today,
as you can clearly see.
What started as a runny nose,
became a runny knee.

Developing a nasty cough
deep down inside my ear,
and wishing that this ache beneath
my breath would disappear.

A fever from a ‘normal’ cold
might rise to one-o-two,
but something ‘bout this Silly cold
is making me turn blue.

My hair is running marathons;
my feet are now brunette;
I’m shedding hints of Hitchcock
in my shadow’s silhouette.

I wonder how much longer
I will have to deal with this --
I can’t convince my husband
he could cure me with a kiss.

Marie Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment