WELCOME!

I'm Walt. And I'm Marie Elena.
This is the collaboration of two kindred spirits; partners in rhyme;
"the best friends we've never met."
All "Across the Lake. Eerily."

Friday, March 26, 2010

THE LAST PIECE

A white lake,
adorned with flecks of black and silver;
a black shoreline marked its perimeter.
The beach, with black and white
to contrast the sun bright yellow it assumed.
Highly-polished chrome edging
and matching tubular chrome legs.
Accessorized perfectly with similarly
hued black and yellow vinyl chairs.
The kitchen table of my youth,
stored in our basement for
as long as I live.
It was the first thing I remember
when I was able to form memory.
It became the last piece removed
when the family home was sold.



Walt                                                                                                         Photo by Walter E. Wojtanik

2 comments:

  1. Walt,

    Forgive my tardiness. Getting ready to move takes up so much time. And this piece fits smoothly into my experience of many such moves. My table with chairs ran to red, black and chrome with a pedestal that weighed a ton. I remember it well.

    I really like this piece for its simplicity and memory. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, what my daughter wouldn't give for that table. Right up her alley.

    Clauds, how wonderful to see you out here! Thank you sooo much for taking time out of your busy move to read and share. Keeping you in my heart and prayers...

    ReplyDelete