WELCOME!

I'm Walt. And I'm Marie Elena.
This is the collaboration of two kindred spirits; partners in rhyme;
"the best friends we've never met."
All "Across the Lake. Eerily."

Saturday, February 27, 2010

THAT'S MIKKI WITH A K

She wants to change the spelling of her name;
my clever little cherub with huge brown eyes.
Not her given name, her nickname: Miki.

"Mommy, may I use two k's?"

“Of course,” I tell my clever little cherub with huge brown eyes,
“You may use two k's, if that is what you'd like."

She must be wise beyond her years, I think to myself,
my clever little cherub with huge brown yes,
to already realize she may choose to use two K’s,
without risk of changing the pronunciation of her name.

The thought makes me smile with pride.

The next day, my clever little cherub with huge brown eyes
comes home with a paper.
In the top right corner is her printed name:

Mikkkkkkkki.

Marie Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment