WELCOME!

I'm Walt. And I'm Marie Elena.
This is the collaboration of two kindred spirits; partners in rhyme;
"the best friends we've never met."
All "Across the Lake. Eerily."

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

OUT OF THE BREECH

This dark moist cave,
a spelunker's nightmare,
I woke up in this dankness,
with no clue how I got there.

I had no access to light,
and those incessant drums,
in my infertile mind
it was as bad as it comes.

Then there came quite a rumble,
I was given a squeeze,
more rapid they came
as quick as you please.

I felt myself sliding
in a downward direction,
even this rope 'round my waist
wasn't providing protection.

I felt this cool breeze
Suddenly, my feet were cold,
I hit the ground running,
(or so I've been told).

A light finally came
but my eyesight was blurry,
voices were scattered
people did scurry,

and me covered in muck
from my toes to my nose,
and gasping for breath
God only knows why

one of these people
found the need to slap me
and some angel of mercy
brought a blanket to wrap me.

I let out a yell,
a mighty beseech,
when I entered this world,
feet first out of the breech.


Walt 

No comments:

Post a Comment