WELCOME!

I'm Walt. And I'm Marie Elena.
This is the collaboration of two kindred spirits; partners in rhyme;
"the best friends we've never met."
All "Across the Lake. Eerily."

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

SCOPE OF LIFE

I HAVE BEEN THROUGH:

Plentiful sun…
Perhaps more than my ration.
Just enough rain
To stir my compassion.

Love gained, then lost;
Caused trust to be broken,
Belief that ‘I love you’
Is done being spoken.

A thirteen-year marriage
Abruptly closed.
The love that once was
Has since decomposed.

In-laws-turned-outlaws;
For some I still pine.
My family once his,
And his family once mine.

Foreign-born terror
Appeared on our shore.
A long phase of peace,
Now an era of war.

Times of self doubt,
Though no more than most.
Times when I’ve felt
The desire to boast.

Loss of some loved ones,
Expected and not.
Heartache and sadness
That each death had brought.

New love born of trust,
I’d thought never could be;
A generous gift
God bestowed upon me.

Unspeakable pain
When my daughter fell ill.
Passionate prayer
For God’s healing and will.

Joy with each triumph,
Despair when she falls;
Heart-pounding fear
Of midnight phone calls.

We all go through life:
The good and the evil;
From wonderfully calm;
To horrific upheaval.

How then to handle
These varied affairs?
Envelop each
With a mantle of prayers.

Marie Elena
Photo by Keith Good

No comments:

Post a Comment