WELCOME!

I'm Walt. And I'm Marie Elena.
This is the collaboration of two kindred spirits; partners in rhyme;
"the best friends we've never met."
All "Across the Lake. Eerily."

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

CHOOSE YOUR WEAPON

Placing ball upon the tee,
proceeding then to tutor me
in suitable technique for game
in which Jack Nicholas earned his fame.
I swing my club to try to meet
that little ball … then I repeat.
Now, after several tries at this,
(at least, as Dad does reminisce)
and waiving other golfers through,
my father finally got a clue:
I’m not athletically inclined.
But, thankfully, he didn’t mind.
My lack of club and golf ball junction
seems to make each social function
livelier with hoots and cackles …
Think I’ll stick with rods and tackles.

Marie Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment