WELCOME!

I'm Walt. And I'm Marie Elena.
This is the collaboration of two kindred spirits; partners in rhyme;
"the best friends we've never met."
All "Across the Lake. Eerily."

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

UNDERSTANDING THE LANGUAGE

...and if I look at you from across the room and you smile,
will I know that I had touched something deeply without moving my feet?
Does that one glance illicit the old fire; the slumbering ember
that has crackled since the first day we would meet?

...and if I see something in your eyes that flashes a semaphore;
signals deciphered in the darkness that your gaze outshines,
would my heart steer clear of the jagged rocks that had clouded our past
and find safe harbor in your heart as you had in mine?

...and if these lips would dip down to sip the refreshing nectar
that your passion has rekindled and your heart has shared,
would our journey find a restful companionship in each other
and seal the fate that brings the knowledge that we still cared?

...and if I sing to you, the songs my soul has written,
and offer them up to the heavens for the angels to sing along,
would your step lighten and your dance be liberated,
and would they tell you where my heart belongs?

...and if I hold you in my arms, will that embrace
erase all the turbulence that had shadowed our doubts and fears
and bring us closer than ever to indulge the lives we have remaining,
putting heartfelt meaning in the expression of our tears?

...and if I whisper "I love you" in the midnight darkness,
would you respond in kind, knowing that was all I needed to stay,
and give you every bit of me you would need to be completed
because you wouldn't want it any other way?

...and if I did all that, would you understand?


Walt

No comments:

Post a Comment