WELCOME!

I'm Walt. And I'm Marie Elena.
This is the collaboration of two kindred spirits; partners in rhyme;
"the best friends we've never met."
All "Across the Lake. Eerily."

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

HOW DID WE GET HERE?

God hates divorce.
I don’t kid myself about this.
I recognize and respect His view.
Marriage is His institution, after all.
He invented it. He made the rules.
God hates divorce. I get that.

…and yet,

I divorced my husband of nearly 13 years.
Does God hate that? Absolutely.
He hates that vows were broken. Time and again,
and without remorse.
He hates that two, who were one, are now no longer.
Do I feel the brunt of God’s hate?
Absolutely not.

For, it isn’t me that He hates.
It isn’t my ex-husband that He hates.
It’s sin. The sin of selfishness,
In all manner of speaking.

During that time, He was with me.
I felt like an only child,
Cuddled and watched over and protected
By my Father.

Not only did He make me feel loved
And forgiven,
He gave me a true gift.
Nineteen years ago,
He gave me unselfish, faithful,
supportive you.

And I thank Him every day.

Marie Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment