WELCOME!

I'm Walt. And I'm Marie Elena.
This is the collaboration of two kindred spirits; partners in rhyme;
"the best friends we've never met."
All "Across the Lake. Eerily."

Monday, April 19, 2010

TO DEANNA, BRANDON, AND MICHAELA (my grown children)

I hear the:
irritation,
disregard,
disdain,
sewage spewed,
disrespect,
contempt,
raised voices,
slammed doors,
and abhorrence
on the streets,
in the schools,
surrounding,
closing in,
shredding my nerves…

                           ... and I’m thankful.


                            Thankful that your voices
                            are not heard among the racket…
                                                 and never have been.


Marie Elena

2 comments:

  1. Ditto, but not to say their independence doesn't rear its head from time to time. That's my Andrea.
    We do boost our kids, no matter how old they become. Babies all!

    ReplyDelete