WELCOME!

I'm Walt. And I'm Marie Elena.
This is the collaboration of two kindred spirits; partners in rhyme;
"the best friends we've never met."
All "Across the Lake. Eerily."

Thursday, July 14, 2011

THIS BIRD HAS FLOWN

Orientation.
A romp through new digs.
It figures I end up a lone wolf
when the cub heads out. There
is no doubt that she will succeed.
Indeed, she will set the pace
in this place of higher learning.
Yearning to be free, it is she
who will stand tall. I should have known
this bird has flown. Empty nest and all.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Walt. And I think the tags you chose say nearly as much of where your heart is as the tribute itself. You raised your girls well

    Empty nesting comes with a tinge of sadness, but it is also an exciting time for "Mom and Dad." Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie Elena, so right on all accounts!
    Another family milestone, Walt!

    ReplyDelete