WELCOME!

I'm Walt. And I'm Marie Elena.
This is the collaboration of two kindred spirits; partners in rhyme;
"the best friends we've never met."
All "Across the Lake. Eerily."

Thursday, May 5, 2011

OCZEPINY

A moment in time.
Tuxedo clad and my dad
gives up his "date" for the next dance.
Me, adorned with a monstrosity on my head.
A hat bearing fruit: apples, grapes,
a banana and two lemons astride it.
Very Suggestive, I couldn't hide it if I wanted.
And my mother, moist from tears
that had replaced her make-up hours ago.
The music plays sad and sweet,
and my day is complete.
Mom puts her head on my shoulder.
A moment in time. Perfect.


** Oczepiny is a ceremony performed at Polish weddings. It signifies that the bride ceases to be a bride; she is now a wife.


Walt

4 comments:

  1. Breathtaking, Walt- both the moment and the words that accompanied it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. E. Johnson said it best. This left me with such a smile on my face!
    The picture, the meaning, the words. "Perfect."

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A moment in time, indeed. Your mom is adorable, Walt. I'm sure there are many photos like this that make you close your eyes and feast on your yesterdays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops ... forgot I wasn't logged in as Marie Elena. ;)

    M.E.

    ReplyDelete