WELCOME!

I'm Walt. And I'm Marie Elena.
This is the collaboration of two kindred spirits; partners in rhyme;
"the best friends we've never met."
All "Across the Lake. Eerily."

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

PARTNERS IN RHYME

Poetic justice presented as a nudge,
an effort to budge me from my malaise.
It's been one of those days
but in times as these, I find it pleases
me to think of the friendship we've amassed.
Marie Elena Good, a perfect monicker for one
so open of heart, and giving of warmth; an angel.
Set before me for the reasons only He knows,
but she truly grows on me daily. It is safe
to imagine that the gift of Marie becomes one
that continues to give; her nature and upbringing
dictate it. We can debate it as much as we want,
but I can't claim my laurels without thanking
Him who made me, and she who made me continue.
Supportive, comforting, but with a swift kick
when the need demands. The hands that hold
family and friends so dear, the hands that hold
her darling Sophia, stretch across the lake,
eerily touching the heart and soul of one
usually in control. We do no more, no less.
The "Best Friend I ALMOST met".
I thank God for the reason. And I thank Marie
for three seasons of poetic prodding,
always nodding in her Good way.


Walt

4 comments:

  1. Bravo! Walt, I don't know you, except through our dear Marie, but I do know her... and, yes, she is a gift, to us all. Thank you for putting it into words.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. And once again, my eyes know what to say (as they moisten), but words don't come. Thank you Walt, and KatiePie. Wow ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are most welcome. It is karmic to say the least that Robert chose "Relationships" as the prompt for the day. My mind was muddled and all I could recall were all those that has passed from view. But then this connection we share stood above all that. I have been blessed with some amazing women in my life, starting from my mother, and Janet, and Janice, my daughters and you. A nice "body of work", I'd say.

    ReplyDelete