WELCOME!

I'm Walt. And I'm Marie Elena.
This is the collaboration of two kindred spirits; partners in rhyme;
"the best friends we've never met."
All "Across the Lake. Eerily."

Thursday, April 14, 2011

HAIKU

cradling tenderly
a cherished friend’s aching heart
in hands that can’t hold

Marie Elena


My friend, I'm at a loss. I did not make it to FB, PA, or Across the Lake yesterday. On FB this morning, I saw that many of the dear souls at PA were posting words of comfort on your wall. I visited PA to see what was happening.

There is nothing harder than watching in vain as your child struggles with pain that is unfair, out of your control, and inconsolable. My heart is with you and your wife, Andrea, and the family of this lost soul. May he be at rest now in the arms of Jesus.

Your heart is aching for your sweet Andrea, her classmate, lost family, and lost love … it is too much. God give you strength and comfort, Walt. And may He remind me throughout today to hold you all in prayer.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm glad you were able to find the comments.I felt bad to have had you out of the loop. You've been dealing with being sick and I knew you'd be there in your own Good time. I've been bombarded with thoughts, prayers and wishes.
    But I'm glad as thing settle down, that your words could stand alone and get lost in the sheer number of it (like I'd let that happen!), but things have been hectic to say the least.
    Andrea has taken point on this at school and her true leadership has shined through. She had organized a vigil last night for her classmates, and the response was overwhelming. Parents and teachers and the majority of her 'mates came together to pray, remember and comfort. I guess I'm not the only one embraced tightly in a loving community. Thank you, my Good friend. Your words and prayers touch my heart deeply.
    I am truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make that "not get lost in the sheer number"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea sounds like somebody else I know. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie~

    An absolutely beautiful heartfelt tribute to Walt... you two are lucky to have such a bond.

    ~laurie

    ReplyDelete