WELCOME!

I'm Walt. And I'm Marie Elena.
This is the collaboration of two kindred spirits; partners in rhyme;
"the best friends we've never met."
All "Across the Lake. Eerily."

Thursday, May 27, 2010

WAY TO MAKE WAVES

Sedentary and tranquil
gives way to tumultuous and
turbulent; a churning

turning your demeanor
irascible, highly harassable
and looking to pick

your battles when they come.
Never one for confrontation,
but in your station you choose

to defend your honor and hone
a place for yourself, (or a small
piece of you) to claim your notoriety.

Your sole propriety to society
is to stay alive long enough
to outlive your dreams and it seems

the only way that will happen
is to rage against the light, and
anything else that gets in your way.

For on this day, you have decided,
there is no need to hide your ire,
you fire from the hip and slip into a stance,

your chance; your only chance
to take charge, be large and barge forward.
Don't mind rocking the boat, the tide has come in

and you need no assistance in churning up
the foamy brine. For in your own mind,
you are already making waves.


Walt

4 comments:

  1. You're making me really really like the word "barge"!

    I love all the waves of internal rhyme made through this, rocking it all up into a poem that moves along with the force of a great lake seiche.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Barge seems to be my word of late along with the internal rhyme. Now if I can only find my Thesaurus... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hold off on the thesaurus until I've had a chance to white out any synonyms for "barge," which has become my favorite word of the month, thanks to your poetry. Ever more barging, please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loaded with Erie allegory and stormy passion. Wonderful piece!

    M.E.

    ReplyDelete