WELCOME!

I'm Walt. And I'm Marie Elena.
This is the collaboration of two kindred spirits; partners in rhyme;
"the best friends we've never met."
All "Across the Lake. Eerily."

Monday, March 7, 2011

NOT WELL OFF, BETTER OFF



So, a few less dollars grace my pockets,
and no sky rocket celebrations in the offing.
And maybe my offspring don't inherit any more
than their mother's good looks
and their father's well turned phrases.
At this phase in my life, my wife and I,
though preferring a lifestyle upgrade,
have decided that our pride and upbringing,
could have us singing in the rain,
instead of preying on that rainy day pittance.
Our daughters have learned well, and it tells
in the way they carry their grace and name,
and although they are not the same by any stretch
of my over-active imagination, they know their staion.
It might seem that we have no ambition to position
ourselves on the ladder of success, but I guess
raising these beauties with an eye towards
bettering themselves and the world around them,
is worth its weight in a life well lived.
We're not well off, but are much better off in the long run.
Walt

2 comments:

  1. Perfection, Walt. The style and wording, of course ... but the sentiment? The sentiment strikes a harmonious chord. Richness and success in life have little-to-nothing to do with material wealth. Obviously, you and your wife have passed this blessing along to your daughters. Beautiful, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, and yeah, the sentiment, as Marie says. Oh for us all to measure success in this way.

    ReplyDelete