WELCOME!

I'm Walt. And I'm Marie Elena.
This is the collaboration of two kindred spirits; partners in rhyme;
"the best friends we've never met."
All "Across the Lake. Eerily."

Monday, December 6, 2010

BEHIND EVERY GOOD MAN

This season tries his stamina and might,
And puts his disposition to the test.
Still, dimples bare, and eyes twinkle with light;
He carries on with energy and zest.

Though people think his work is child’s play,
I’m one who understands just what it takes.
Commitment is his motto ev’ry day
He works the whole year through, for goodness’ sakes.

I never miss an opportunity
To feed him well, or rub his weary feet.
He gives his all to each community;
I give my all to make his life complete.

Devoted both to him and to the cause,
I’ll always be – for I am Mrs. Claus.

Marie Elena

4 comments:

  1. SO, now I have company at the Pole. Very cool. The elves could use a woman's touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very cute, Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Colette! It needs some work, but it was a fun one to write.

    M.E.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was imagining you rubbing Santa's feet there, Marie. Then a big smile at the end. Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete