WELCOME!

I'm Walt. And I'm Marie Elena.
This is the collaboration of two kindred spirits; partners in rhyme;
"the best friends we've never met."
All "Across the Lake. Eerily."

Sunday, August 8, 2010

*THE MANY VOICES OF WALTER WOJTANIK

The title beguiles -- implies many styles,
and begs him the question, “Am I in possession
of voices, innumerous: poignant to humorous,
heartrending, moving, inane?”

He ponders the thought, as his mind becomes wrought
with the pieces he’s fashioned, from lax to impassioned,
from terse to soul-baring, enticing, or daring,
outlandish, bizarre, or mundane.

His voices are many, approaches aplenty,
inducing emotions while conjuring notions
of various kinds that may play with our minds
to divert, stir, or just entertain.
 
Marie Elena
 
*Originally titled "The Many Voices of Lauren Hill," in response to a Poetic Asides prompt; written to honor my PArtner.

1 comment:

  1. Thank You for that, Marie. It means more than I can tell you. My many "voices" speak loudest just knowing you're or the reading end of them. I picked a great partner to which to hitch my star.

    Your passion and expressiveness are both admired and anticipated as well. We make each other better poets.

    ReplyDelete