WELCOME!

I'm Walt. And I'm Marie Elena.
This is the collaboration of two kindred spirits; partners in rhyme;
"the best friends we've never met."
All "Across the Lake. Eerily."

Friday, September 3, 2010

EARLY FALL IN O-HI-O

Throw off comforter
Rise and shine
Chill in air
Don fluffy robe
Sip hot coffee
Take hot shower
Dress in layers
Heat the car
Go to work
Strip top layer
Work, work, work
Strip second layer
Work, work, work
Clock back out
Head to car
Strip to tanktop
Cook and eat
Throw on sweater
Go for walk
Take hot shower
Don fluffy robe
Sip hot tea
Throw on comforter
Repeat next day

Marie Elena

11 comments:

  1. What a beat!

    Patricia
    PM_Poet Writer

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a comfortable place to be. Revel in the simple joys, what it's all about. I'm mildly envious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you would look just ... ahem ... loverly in a fluffy robe, Walt. Yes, I'm quite sure of it.

    Howdy, Patricia! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I'm comfortable in my own skin, what can I tell you? My manhood is intact, thank you very much! A nice visual. Sounds like a Folgers commercial. With a fluffy robe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely poem! I really like this one. = )

    Here in Texas we're still sweatin' and swimmin' until the end of September (sometimes into October).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laurie, I'll stay out in the stiff, cold wind a bit longer today in your honor. I'm sure we'll be gettin' back to sweatin' before the snow flies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like Labor Day is going to be a Texas-type of day--hot, hot, hot!

    Patricia
    PM_Poet Writer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laurie and Patricia, you can have the heat. I'll take cool, crisp air any time. We joke about using the air conditioner and furnace within a 12-hr period. Too true to be funny. :0)

    ReplyDelete