WELCOME!

I'm Walt. And I'm Marie Elena.
This is the collaboration of two kindred spirits; partners in rhyme;
"the best friends we've never met."
All "Across the Lake. Eerily."

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

DRAWING NEAR...

Temperatures be damned, in a week we enter the "official" start of the fall season. With the Autumnal Equinox at hand, we accept that all good things must come to an end. It was a great summer in Buffalo (an oxymoron, to be sure), and although I hate to see it go, it is time to move on. We're doing a lot of that now-a-days; not always willingly,but neccessary in all cases. So in re-prioritizing our lives on the business ends of this Great Lake, we cling to what matters most. Family. True Friendship. The odd poem, from time to time.(And if you read my and Marie's work, you'll agree we hit that mark all too often. ;) We'll try and keep the warmth at a comfortable level here "Across the Lake", not too cold - not too hot. Just write, Right!?

The final third of 2010 inches to completion. It has been a tumultuous, yet productive year for both of us here. The holidays are drawing near; a chance to put those familial lifelines to good use. Thanks to all who have visited M. E. and me here at "Across the Lake, Eerily", and have offered encouragement or have been touched by our heartfelt muses. You tell us we matter, and that's always a good thing. It just helps us all draw nearer.


Walt 

8 comments:

  1. I'll add a hardy-and-hearty AMEN, partner. Alla famiglia! Alla amici! Alla poesia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Throw in some alla mode and you've got a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walt,

    Your sentiments are spot-on! Thank you for expressing what I feel so beautifully. I'm looking forward to a poetry-filled Autumn with the two of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you believe I just now discovered that there is a way for comments to be left here? I've been following you guys for months & finally know how to say "Hi!"
    Marianv

    ReplyDelete