WELCOME!

I'm Walt. And I'm Marie Elena.
This is the collaboration of two kindred spirits; partners in rhyme;
"the best friends we've never met."
All "Across the Lake. Eerily."

Sunday, April 24, 2011

MY GOD, MY GOD (A Kyrielle)

an empty tomb the stone rolled away huge and heavy yet rolled away by ...
Sheer loneliness, epitomized
In One so tortured, scorned, despised
When hanging there upon the tree
Cried “Why hast Thou forsaken Me?”

I loathe my sin that held Him there,
And offer up the sinner’s prayer.
Still, shaken, as I hear His plea,
“God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?”

I’ll not forget His sacrifice;
The blood He shed to pay the price;
Nor how He, when estranged from Thee;
Wailed, “Why hast Thou forsaken Me?”

Behold, this selfless, sinless Lamb
Dismissed the power of I AM.
He emptied Himself willingly,
and He has not forsaken me.

Marie Elena

Eternally grateful to my Redeemer.

Photo Source: http://www.pubsub.com/AM-Music-News-China-Snubs-Dylan-Beck-Hits-INXS-The-Thermals-Separate-Rolling-Stone-6HIlDYEzn7VS

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this Marie. Always good to reconnect in such a way. Beautiful piece and photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautifully expressed, Marie. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning. Everything about it perfect. This is an instant classic. :)

    Well done, Marie. The last stanza is my favorite.

    Londy

    ReplyDelete