WELCOME!

I'm Walt. And I'm Marie Elena.
This is the collaboration of two kindred spirits; partners in rhyme;
"the best friends we've never met."
All "Across the Lake. Eerily."

Monday, November 1, 2010

AND SO IT BEGINS...

November 1st.

Two months to a new year. The disheartening fact of the matter is that last night, Halloween had me listening to the "Sounds of the Seasons" channel on Music Choice section of our local cable. Rather raucous and rambunctious renditions of "This is Halloween" by Marilyn Manson, and "Feed My Frankenstein" by Alice Cooper. Every sinister and macabre song, sound and effect at the touch of my remote.


Step into November. A cup of coffee, leaves meandering out my window and a brightly colored Christmas tree upon my TV screen with Bobby Darin crooning "Silent Night". It's been in the stores. It is filtering into advertising. But it doesn't infiltrate into my house until at least Thanksgiving. The seasons changed on me overnight. I should have had some warning. And so it begins...


Walt

2 comments:

  1. You are right about the seasons, Walt!
    Not sure where October went, it flew by so fast.
    Hope November goes smoothly and the snow stays away until December!
    November always reminds me of the Edmund Fitzgerald that sank on the Lakes so Great years ago. Gordon Lightfoot wrote such a powerful ballad about it & it comes to mind on cold November days!
    Enjoy the count-down to Thanksgiving!

    Best to the Eerie team,

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walt and Patricia: Countdown to Thanksgiving, for sure. I'm finding that the older I get, the faster time slips away from me.

    As usual, Patricia, thanks so much for your ready support! Blessings to you!

    M.E.

    ReplyDelete