WELCOME!

I'm Walt. And I'm Marie Elena.
This is the collaboration of two kindred spirits; partners in rhyme;
"the best friends we've never met."
All "Across the Lake. Eerily."

Thursday, October 14, 2010

SPEAKING OF ANIMALS...

God has a sense of humor. That is very clear to me.
Just take a look at nature, and you’ll see it perfectly.

I’m thinking ‘bout the porcupine, who looks so cute and snuggly.
But when his enemies approach, things quickly get quite ugly.

The Manakin’s a little bird that’s talented, no doubt.
He does a perfect moonwalk. Really - you should check it out!*

I think God threw the skunk in as a most surprising joke.
He may appear defenseless, but his scent will make you choke.

Then there are tons of samples when you look into the sea.
The octopus, the seahorse, and the jellyfish are three.

The flounder’s an amusing chap, which I’ll describe to you.
He has such mixed-up features, it may take a line or two.
His eyes are placed together on the same side of his face;
and yet his mouth is in a weird and unexpected place.
He looks like he should swim one way, and yet he swims another.
And let’s just say his face could be loved only by his mother.

The Duck-billed Platypus? Oh PLEASE! You can’t escape the humor!
Now here’s some information that is true, and not a rumor:
This odd, warm-blooded Manera has some reptilian features,
So some dismissed him as a fake -- this odd one of God’s creatures.

God has a sense of humor. Do I need to spell it out?
He made the likes of Walt and me. Does that erase all doubt?


So much of God’s creation is amusing beyond measure,
But this one thing I know for sure: it’s simply for our pleasure.

Marie Elena

4 comments:

  1. And, therein lies our platypus. As much responsible for bringing our muses together. Funny bit and clip, Partner. Good to imagine you smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem SANG! :D This had me grinning, but the last two stanzas made me giggle.
    I love this. My dad always says in his slow southern drawl, "Whenever I look at pigs, I KNOW God has a sense of humor."

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: That manakin video is awesome.

    ReplyDelete